SF job opening: Collection Manager
KADIST San Francisco seeks a Collection Manager responsible for guiding the stewardship and management of the local collection (over 800 objects). Reporting to the Director and the collection committee, and working closely with the other KADIST San Francisco team members, the Collection Manager will play a leading role in the development, organization, and support of all the institution’s activities (collection, exhibitions, offsite programs, and residencies).
Administration and conservation of the collection:
• guide and develop policies related to collection management, internal systems (insurance, accounting, storage, online) and resources to ensure the preservation and security of its collection
• manage collection inventory and logistics (shipping, storage, archiving, conservation, condition reports, editing/updating inventory)
• oversee and liaise with Paris and San Francisco colleagues for any aspects related to the archiving and preservation of artworks
• facilitate incoming and outgoing loan requests for onsite and offsite projects, including collection works, Kadist Video Library titles, and image rights & reproductions
• vomplete migration of both Paris and SF collection databases to new collection management system, and lead subsequent integrations with digital applications
Supervision of collection development:
• liaise with collection artists and galleries in the framework of the collection development
• organize and facilitate acquisition meetings by working closely with the acquisition committee -Coordinate the accession of all new acquisitions, including but not limited to acquisition agreements, accounting, shipping, storage.
• maintain collection-related editorial content for online platforms including fact-check/oversee editing artist and artwork texts for website, organize video interviews with collection artists
• coordinate representation of the collection on social media
• conduct research about artists, both collection artists and non-KADIST artists, for programs and collection
• minimum of 3 years professional experience in the arts with shipping, collection management or another related field
• MA in Art History, museum studies, or related fields
• meticulous attention to detail and thorough record-keeping skills
• strong computer skills including collection management database software (Filemaker and/or Collector System preferred), Microsoft Office, In Design, and Photoshop
• interest and knowledge about contemporary artists and art in the Americas
Employee position. Full time with health and dental insurance. Start date mid-September. Annual base salary between $48,000-$52,000 commensurate with experience.
For immediate consideration send CV, short cover letter, and references to [email protected] with “Collection Manager” in the subject line. Applications will start being reviewed on August 24, 2018.
KADIST considers all candidates for employment regardless race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions, sex stereotyping, transgender status, and gender identity), national origin, age, disability, or political affiliation.
KADIST believes contemporary artists make an important contribution to a progressive society, their work often addressing key issues of our time. KADIST is a non-profit organization that encourages this engagement and is dedicated to extending the reach of artists represented in its collection to a global audience, thus facilitating new connections across cultures. Its programs develop collaborations with artists, curators and many art organizations around the world. Local programs in KADIST’s hubs of Paris and San Francisco include exhibitions, public events, residencies and educational initiatives. Complemented by an active online network, they aim at creating vibrant conversations about contemporary art and ideas.
3295 20th street
San Francisco, CA 94110